I first saw Alice Koswara’s Paintings hanging in a local art gallery and I immediately got in contact with her to set up an interview. When I arrived at her place I met her husband Eric Broers, who is also an artist. In fact, most of their recent pieces were also collaborations. Realizing the unique situation, I threw out my notes and decided to ask if she wanted to invite Eric to our interview. She said, “Of course!” And so we carried on.
I was surprised to find out they had such different styles, yet were able to merge their art into coherent pieces. Alice takes inspiration from beautiful things like birds, vintage dresses and girls reminiscent of Disney princesses that exist only in another dimension. Eric’s work is darker and seems to emerge from within the paper to form often abstract twisting shapes. He also seems to like monsters a lot, because as he puts it “Monsters are awesome.” And who wouldn’t agree? I particularly like their work because together they are able to tell a complete story that reflects both sides of life, one that offers both the innocence in our world as well as the edgy darkness that lurks around the corner of your next adventure.
- DIVERGENT – Red Carpet + Interview with Maggie Q & Mekhi Phifer & Audience Reviews! [HD] 2014
- VAMPIRE ACADEMY – Cast Interview! [HD] 2014
- GIMME SHELTER – Interview with Writer/Director Rob Krauss and Inspiration Kathy DiFiore.
- DALLAS BUYERS CLUB – Jared leto
- MACHETE KILLS – Interview with Machete! (Danny Trejo)
Get Up on ⟁SF STREET ART